Friday, February 10, 2012

Three Ingredient Cup of Yum

I used to be a Dr. Pepper-aholic. As a mom of three little boys, it was difficult to get through a day without that sweet, carbonated beverage (or two, or three). I decided it would probably be better for my health to stop indulging daily or end up in a sugar-induced coma. I knew there would be no way to completely cut caffeine out of my day, so I took up drinking coffee and unsweetened tea.

Drinking black coffee is not for me. Too strong and bitter. I wanted something more Starbucks-ish. (Is that a word?) Maybe I should say I love coffee flavored cream. Ha!

My friend recently told me she uses canned coconut milk (found in the Asian aisle at the grocery store) in her coffee. I decided to give it a whirl. It was pretty good, but was a little bland even with a bit of sugar added. Enter Nutella.

I mean, anything's better with Nutella, right? I figured coffee and chocolate are perfect companions. Mix in a little bit of the creamy coconut milk, and it's like drinking a Mounds candy bar. OH MY!

Seriously, it couldn't be simpler.
The three ingredients
1. Hot cup of coffee
2. Canned coconut milk
3. Nutella
Plop in as much (or as little) Nutella as you like.
The Nutella melts better if the coffee is super hot.
Stir until mixed well.
Next, pour in desired amount of coconut milk.
Make sure to shake the milk thoroughly, as coconut milk separates.
I actually open the can and pour it into a small container to keep in the fridge.
Mix well.
Finally, enjoy!

Obviously, you can make this to suit your own taste. Personally, I don't think it needs any sugar. Because, who am I kidding, Nutella has enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment